Friday 4 April 2008

News from Nick and Stage 5 Results

The results are up for stage 5 - they completed the marathon distance day in 7hr 42min 23sec, amazingly they were running on average much faster than any of the previous stages!

The last email from Nick below:
************************************************************************
Wow that was the toughest marathon I have run! The 1st Km was fine but mentally it got so tough after CP1. It was all mental...thinking that in 24 hours I would be soaking in a bath, also we had done so well on the monster 75kms it was hard psyching ourselves up again for the end longest stage. It was another toughy and I've just heard it got up 51 degs today, the hottest yet. It was hot but I am amazed at what the body can do when pushed. I finished at 17:45, its now 18:40 and I can see people still crossing the line from where I sit. We're still waiting on 2 tent mates. Only now do I feel that I will complete the MDS.
***********************************************************************
A photo of the marathon stage start - they all get new race numbers at the beginning of this stage to smarten themselves up a bit for the media as this day gets quite a lot of press interest!!

No comments: